Your privacy is extremely important to Exegy and so is being transparent about how we collect, use and share information about you. This privacy statement is intended to help you understand:
• what information Exegy collects and why we collect it;
• the ways in which Exegy uses that information;
• the third parties we may share it with and why;
• how information is stored and protected;
• the rights you have to access and control your information;
• how long we keep your information for.
Information we collect
When you register for our website, complete a contact form, subscribe to any services, or use our products and services, we may collect data or ask you to provide certain data for the purposes of helping us manage our relationship with you. The types of personal data we may collect are:
• Your first name, last name, company name, email address, and phone number when you register for our website, complete a contact us form, download any materials, or request a consultation or for any of our products and Services;
• Your name, address, business contact, billing contact, email address, phone number, billing contact, billing address, billing email, and phone number when you enter into a Contract with us and purchase our products and Services;
• We may ask you for information to enable us to provide a Service to you and we collect this information by telephone, written/digital correspondence, or via the website;
• Any other information that you voluntarily submit to / send to the website;
• Technical Data such as internet protocol (IP) address and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to our website;
• Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, products, and services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How we use information we collect
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to such activity at any time by email or using the UNSUBSCRIBE option available on the communication.
On the basis of fulfilling our contract with you, your personal information may be processed for purposes including:
• To manage and administer our customer relationship with you;
• To provide products and services you have contracted with us for;
• To provide information you have requested and to contact you in relation to any queries you may submit;
• To administer, enable you to access to and use of our website;
• To supply you with any services that you subscribe to, e.g., newsletter / RSS;
• To manage your accounts, orders, invoices, and payments;
• To manage and provide technical support for products and services and an after-sales service.
On the basis of legal obligations, we are obligated to, for instance, keep records for tax purposes or regulatory purposes for particular products and services.
Sharing your information with others
Exegy will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you we may share your personal data with third party service providers, acting on our behalf, such as:
• providers of cloud-based CRM software to support customer account maintenance and billing;
• providers of cloud-based marketing software to provide management of prospective customer information;
• providers who provide data analytics functionality;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Exegy may disclose your data to a third party who acquires all or a substantial part of our business by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of a substantial proportion of our assets. Exegy may also share information with group companies. We do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above, Exegy may disclose your personal information to the extent that is required by law and in order to establish, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Exegy shall act as the data controller of any personal information that we receive from you and we are committed to ensuring the security of this data. Exegy will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. Exegy has appropriate policies and technical and organizational measures in place to safeguard and protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction, damage, unlawful or unauthorized use, and disclosure.
All employees follow a security training program to ensure they have adequate training with regards to handling personal data.
If despite our security procedures personal information is inadvertently disclosed, we shall use all reasonable endeavors to limit and remedy the disclosure but to the extent permitted by law we accept no liability for unintentional disclosure.
You have rights relating to the way in which we use your data and you may exercise these rights by contacting us via the details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section. Subject to the applicable data protection laws, you have the right to:
• request a copy of the personal data Exegy holds about you;
• have any inaccurate information about you corrected; you can also make updates to your personal data via the website;
• request erasure of the data Exegy holds on you;
• withdraw any consent you have given to us in relation to the processing of your personal data;
• restrict the processing we make in relation to your personal data;
• restrict the use of your details for marketing activities and other promotional activities;
• object to the processing of your personal data;
• request the transfer of your personal data to another party;
• lodge a complaint.
How long we keep information for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
www.exegy.com contains links to partner companies and third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those practices. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Date Updated: August 13, 2021
Service Marks and Patents
Exegy® and Signum® are registered trademarks of Exegy, Inc.
MarketDataPeaks™ is a trademark of Exegy, Inc.
Exegy Xero(SM), Exegy DataPort(SM), and Exegy Data Tone(SM) are service marks of Exegy, Inc.
Exegy products are protected in part by the following patents:
Additional patents pending.